WEPOWER is building a team full of dreamers and doers. We partner with Black and Latinx communities to build power to re-design education, economic, justice, and health systems to be just and equitable for all. We build powerful relationships with community members and amplify their voices to inform critical decisions that impact their lives. We train community members to design new policies, organize, and lead policy and systems change. We provide early-stage companies with access to coaching, capital, connections, and community as they create jobs in the communities with whom we partner. We envision a future where systems are accountable to powerful communities that have been historically oppressed, and nurture our freedom, well-being, dreams, and joy. We are building a powerful movement led by everyday people. Join us! Let’s build something new and beautiful together. Learn more about us here: https://bit.ly/wepoweroverview.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Sustainability (DOS), the Program Operations Fellow (POF) is a nine-month, exempt full-time employee. The POF will lead operations, data management, and communications management efforts for all WEPOWER programmatic initiatives.
WEPOWER especially seeks a POF who will live out our guiding principles while working thoroughly, quickly, and assertively to drive operational success and seamless program experiences among community members and program teams.
Annually, We Will Celebrate…
- Use of data to drive improvement of programs and program impact.
- Positive community member experience with logistics and communications.
- Positive program team experience with program logistics and communications.
Manage the data collection, analysis, and reporting process to drive programmatic efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as the in-house expert of technologies and the CRM that serves as the backbone of program relationship management, communications, and data collection and management.
- Leverage the CRM and other technologies to support the program teams with their recruitment, onboarding, and management of WEPOWER members (entrepreneurs and changemakers). When possible, coordinate automation.
- Continuously assess program data tracking needs, annual and quarterly objectives, and key results, to develop and refine the data management system.
- Create and manage efficient processes to ensure each program team tracks, analyzes, and reports data and impact.
- Work with program teams to import and export data and setup and automate reports.
- Continuously customize data tracking tools and the CRM-based dashboards to support quick access to data to inform decisions, strategy, and problem-solving.
- Work with the program teams and coordinate with the development team to continuously audit, clean up, and code data and contacts in the CRM.
- As needed, work to integrate and/or align critical external software and technologies with the organization’s main CRM.
- Hold the team accountable for disciplined and routine data tracking, collection, and fidelity to data procedures, especially using the CRM and agreed upon technologies and tools (i.e. always track attendance via the CRM).
Manage the communications between WEPOWER, our members (changemakers and entrepreneurs), and the broader community as it pertains to key programmatic initiatives.
- Work with the program and communications teams to manage the operations part of communications to WEPOWER members and the broader community via our CRM and texting platform.
- Develop templates for communication to drive efficiency.
- Automate communications as needed.
- Work with the program teams to segment various listservs to ensure accurate communication is disseminated.
- Serve as the strategist and point of contact to drive intentional scheduling of communications to ensure we don’t contact the same listservs too frequently or infrequently.
Manage the logistics and operations of programmatic events and experiences.
Support with the run of show planning
- Meet with program teams at least a month in advance of programming to develop a run of the show (for events where we expect approximately 50+ attendees), to confirm supplies, materials (print and digital), venue setup needs.
- Work with the DOS to manage operations and administrative aspects of the run of shows leading up to WEPOWER programming.
- Communicate weekly with updates, questions, reminders, and requests from the program teams and DOS.
- Work with the DOS and program teams to assess accessibility needs of confirmed attendees and make proper accommodations for day of WEPOWER programming.
Support with management of supplies and materials
- Collaborate with DOS to purchase and organize supplies for programming and childcare.
- Collaborate with DOS and program teams to print, collate, and organize materials for programming (i.e. agendas, worksheets, reports, slide decks and videos, folders)
- Collaborate with the program teams to organize materials into the appropriate WEPOWER program folders for reference the day of and post-event.
Manage venue, setup, attendee tracking, logistical experiences, and clean up for all WEPOWER programming
- Arrive at the venue with ample time before the programming starts to set up space, test technology, and prepare to greet community members, program team(s), childcare providers, caterers, etc.
- Successfully set up and coordinate zoom meetings, ensuring meeting links and all material is sent beforehand.
- Manage operations throughout the day of the event including checking in on childcare providers, transitions, registration table, and signing people in for the day.
- Manage volunteers, interns, and practicum students who are present to support the operations of WEPOWER programming.
- As needed, support the DOS to ensure community members, facilitators, childcare providers, and receive payments.
- Collaborate with the DOS, program teams, and facilitators to clean up, organize, and breakdown things after the completion of WEPOWER programming.
- Detail Oriented. You ensure that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. You set up procedures to ensure high quality of work. You monitor the quality of work and verify the information. You check the accuracy of your own and others’ work. You develop and use systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress. You carefully prepare for meetings and presentations. You carefully review and check the accuracy of the information in work reports (e.g., production, sales, financial performance) that you create or provide by other management, management information systems, or other individuals and groups. (Source)
- An Unapologetic Tech & Process Nerd. You have the ability to effectively apply technical knowledge to solve a range of problems. You possess in-depth technological knowledge and skills. You have the ability to develop technical solutions to new or highly complex problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches. You are okay with being sought out by the rest of the team as an expert to provide advice and solutions around technical issues. You are obsessed with developing processes and systems that leverage technology and supporting and holding others accountable for using them to drive efficiency. (Source)
- User (Customer) Focused. You know how to identify and prioritize customer needs and continuously provide a better experience. You adopt a professional and relational approach towards leveraging technology and operations to drive positive experiences and prioritize WEPOWER being reliable and delivering on promises. You have a skill for quickly and effectively solving customer problems. You find ways to measure and track user satisfaction. (Source)
- A Self-Starter. You identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked or the situation requires you to. You do more than what is normally required in the situation. You seek out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives and take independent action to change the direction of events. You are comfortable with navigating ambiguity through maintaining focus and productivity in uncertain situations without complete information. You accept that change and uncertainty are a normal part of the work environment. You can develop new procedures in response to change and fluid situations. You take calculated risks when limited information is available. (Source) (Source)
- A Champion of Racial & Cultural Identity Development. You are self-aware including the consciousness of your social identities, cultures, biases, and perspectives. You are aware of your internalized superiority and/or internalized inferiorly. You also have knowledge and appreciation of the social identities, cultures, and worldviews of other people. You consider the larger socio-political and historical context of which we are part. You have a grasp of different forms of privilege and oppression and how they affect people’s experiences, opportunities, and access to social power. You have the ability to adapt to and work collaboratively with diverse people in a range of situations. You understand that people’s social identities affect their interpersonal, communication, and work styles, as well as their views of conflict, notions of leadership, and sense of time (among many other things). You are also able to identify and address inequities and choose appropriate interventions to create environments, policies, and practices to ensure diversity, equity, justice, and fairness. (Source)
Your Education & Experiences Include...
- Project management
- Working at a startup
- Managing events
- Data collection and analysis
- Designing systems and processes
- Managing and using complicated technology systems
Fun. Fast. Focused. Values-driven. Community-centered. Collaborative. Innovative. Lots of brainstorming and imagining what’s possible and then chasing each possibility until it is reality!
As a startup, being part of the team at WEPOWER requires extreme commitment and agility, AND we value each team member’s personal life circumstances and priorities. We will work together to ensure the organization prioritizes the health, social-emotional wellbeing, and morale of each team member! Some evening and weekend work will be expected.
When sound public health guidance indicates it is reasonable again, there will be 24-hour access to a co-working space with printing, conference rooms, phone booths, snacks, drinks, and the opportunity to be in community with other innovators, entrepreneurs, and entrepreneur support organizations.
You will engage in limited travel with the exception of professional development experiences that align with your short-term and long-term development goals and areas of interest.
Fun. Fast. Focused. Values-driven. Community-centered. Collaborative. Innovative. Lots of brainstorming and imagining what’s possible and then chasing each possibility until it is reality! There will be 24-hour access to a co-working space, conference rooms, snacks, drinks, and other innovators and entrepreneurs.
The salary and benefits package will be highly competitive with other organizations of similar stature and size. The monthly stipend range is $3,750-$4,167 depending upon previous experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WEPOWER, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our programs, and our community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, political affiliation or belief, or genetic information.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Phase 1: Apply
- Phase 2: Round One Interview
- Phase 3: Performance Activity + Work Style Survey + Final Interview
- Phase 4: Reference Checks